Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a slip on muffler for 09 roadliner but it seems like nobody makes them anymore. rush and d&d are disconnected and i can't find anything else out there. :(
who else makes slip-ons for our bikes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was looking for the same thing. I ended up talking to a buddy at the local muffler shop and he had a muffler lying around not sure what from and had that installed. They had to extend it with a tailpipe so there is a joint in the middle. Doesn't look as slick and sleak like the roadhouse but it was cheap enough and sounds really good.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i’ve contacted rush and they said they still have some “blemished” mufflers for the roadliner. i might go for it if they can find one in decent shape

·
Registered
86 Posts
i’ve contacted rush and they said they still have some “blemished” mufflers for the roadliner. i might go for it if they can find one in decent shape
I think that was a great idea. Bet you you get a pretty good deal on some with very minor blemishes. let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the muffler i received has not damage, not sure what “blemish” rush folks were talking about.
for sure need to buy a new clamp cause the one that comes with the muffler wont fit between the frame and exhaust

·
Registered
43 Posts
the muffler i received has not damage, not sure what “blemish” rush folks were talking about.
for sure need to buy a new clamp cause the one that comes with the muffler wont fit between the frame and exhaust
Thx for the post. I ordered one today. I’ve read where other owners report the same with the Rush supplied clamp. Will post with mounting results.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will post with mounting results.

please do. i went around auto parts stores in my area and couldn’t find similar but smaller clamp. will use regular u-shaped exhaust clamp and some tape to seal it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... ended up using rush clamp. a bit pain in the ass to tighten it but it worked. will see how it holds

·
Registered
43 Posts
Received the Rush muffler Monday. Was sold as a blem, no mechanical concerns, but minor scratching in chrome as per Rush mfg. Honestly, i have a difficult time seeing any imperfections greater than 8” from surface of the muffler. My camera couldn’t pick up any imperfection, good enough for me. I’ll install it Monday or Tuesday next week, & will use Permatex Ultra Copper RTV sealant inside the muffler.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i ordered mine with 2” baffle but yesterday ordered 1.75” baffle as well.
2” is too loud for me :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i used the tape that was on my picture above. i’ve been checking since i installed the muffler and i dont think i have leaks.
tomorrow im going for a toy ride here and that would be a final ride of the season. will do dyno and adjustments next season

1 - 20 of 26 Posts