Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha Star Venture
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just curious if you checked to see if the System Indicator Light flash's for ~20 seconds, and if you still get low battery messages after you installed the new battery like mine did in post #13?
Just checked....no more flashing and only had one message stored. I'm guessing it was from yesterday when I swapped the old battery to see if I would get the flashes again; since I didn't get any feedback from the Fob's led or the dashboard light I thought that it wouldn't even store/trip a message (but I didn't checked either). I guess I'll give it at least a full week with new battery and then I'll check again for tripped messages.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha Star Venture
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is kind of on topic. Last time my fob battery went out I bought a 2 pack of batteries so the second lives in the left compartment as a spare in case it's twin dies on me while out riding. Seems a nice little bit of insurance to me. :unsure:
I agree, mine was also a twin so I might just throw the other one in there too. I also learned my code and the procedure too, (pretty simple if you have the key to open the hardbag). I might even go as far as finding like a foam of some type and stuffing the spare battery in there, before putting it in the unlockable compartment, so that it doesn't rattle when riding or rub on my phone's case (that's where I usually place phone and facemask).

·
Registered
1,823 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well... since first bringing then Venture home I've been having issues with the Fob; I know that if we don't use it for a while it automatically turns off (after 9 days). But with mine it seems to be every day. On my last two rides I had to leave the gas cap opened just so that I wouldn't have to fumble with the routine of trying to turn it back on every time I want to take off. And the manual says to push and hold for one second to turn back on, that doesn't seem to do it! As a matter of fact I haven't found what seems to bring the Fob back to life; I just push every button on Fob and on bike until I get lights or beeps. Sometimes is as fast as 20 seconds and sometime up to several minutes.
Does anyone else have this annoying problem? Will disabling the alarm take care of this?
Yes, I have the same problem and my information center is littered with msg about bike didn't recognize fob. Thought battery in fob was bad but dealer replaced it. I'm at a loss. Love the bike, love that I can lock everything with one button but hate the alarm.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
I have found that the fob's location can trigger the "not found" error message. I normally carry it in my front right jeans pocket and most of the time do not get any error messages. I do have one older pair of jeans that (apparently) the pocket is larger than my other jeans (same brand, different ages) and when the fob is in the "wrong" place in that particular pocket will throw repeated "not found" messages. If I fiddle with the position of the fob in that pocket and bring it up towards the top of my thigh the errors quit. I have two fobs and both do the same thing, but only in that one pair of jeans.

You may have some luck just experimenting with where the fob is on the bike or your person and see if you can find that sweet spot where it doesn't bark at you. The first time it did it to me I was fairly far from home and it scared me pretty good, wondering if when I stopped for gas I would be able to re-start the bike....but so far it's always worked when it needed to.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
you can use the emergency start if the fob goes dead or not readable.
I too will get this error but mainly when the fob is in the front right bin.
Also it the bins a locked you can flex the lid enough enough to reach the button.
when I was at a demo ride someone locked the fob in the bin and they flexed the lid to use the emergency start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used to keep fob in left fairing pocket, started flashing the fob light. Keep in left pants pocket now, no problem yet

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put my FOB on a lanyard, loop it through a belt loop and put it in my left front pocket. It stays with me and if somehow the FOB works its way out of my pocket it will still be attached to me. No worries about leaving FOB on the bike and someone driving off with it. Works a treat. Only concern is when the better half is with me and she leaves the Second FOB in her purse and then leave her purse in the trunk or saddlebag.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts