Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Super Moderator
I enjoy eating smoked meat.馃榿 Does that count? I'm the type that can't boil water but wife is a great cook, I do the dishes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I enjoy eating smoked meat.馃榿 Does that count? I'm the type that can't boil water but wife is a great cook, I do the dishes.
I am not a good cook by any means but running a smoker is an art. I have had many people that had my meatloaf say it is the best they have ever had.
People at work that don't like meatloaf but say i would eat that again. I am all about making cheap meat good. I usually don't buy meat for it that is more than $2 a lb.
And yes eating smoked meat is where it starts :grin:

Registered
Aint no smokin in the boys room for me! haha.. I have a co worker who is quite the smoker though...He works his tail off smoking turkeys and keeping the temp just right...up all hours of the night stoking that fire and adding the right amount of wood to it...I admire the dedication.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I use them all.
A stick burner or charcoal is like a grille . Charcoal is far the best for flavor but gas works. Propane is easier (that is what my main smoker is) is easier to control temp. Electric is the easiest to keep consistant. Pellet smoker is electric that burns wood for heat and smoke. They turn out great meat. Some do things better than others. There is an art to smoking. My favorite part is it gives you 8 times more beer time. To me it is all about meat and smoke i don't get fancy. I have had people tell me that my smoked meatloaf is he best they have ever eaten. I don't know anything about meatloaf but i guess it doesn't hurt to use stuffing mix for bread crumbs.
I haven't cooked it with a bacon weave yet. I could go on for days..............

Super Moderator
Since I鈥檓 semi-retired I have more time to try to smoke and grill meat. Being in the south there a lot of grilling going on to the point where they annual teams cook offs. I tried my hand at beef ribs and took my time. Monica said it was really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I have 6 racks of St Louis style ribs that i need to smoke. I don't like to use rib racks. I use the 321 method . I like it when you can pull the bones out. Pork loin $for$ is the best meat i smoke.
I did 1 turkey. It was a 22#. Turned out great with apple wood. My wife only let me cook it if i promised to cook at 300*. She was afraid it wouldn't be safe. You have 4 hours to get it to 145*. I do everything with thermometer. If you blow up the pic with 8 meatloaves there is 4 temp probes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts