Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked her up this afternoon (UK time) and the declutter begins.
Screen off rear back rest off. Need a rack then the rear seat and pegs will go.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great choice, great bike. U wanna sell that backrest you be sure and speak up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cheers boys if I never got addicted to all the bikes in my past I would be minted and possibly a boring git lol.
Back in mid 90's I even managed a six page spread in Performance bikes :)

BP03 black is so yestertday ;-)

Boob I hate to think the cost of posting it from the UK over the pond.
One of my previous slight addictions from some 12 years back lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cheers boys if I never got addicted to all the bikes in my past I would be minted and possibly a boring git lol.
Back in mid 90's I even managed a six page spread in Performance bikes :)

BP03 black is so yestertday ;-)

Boob I hate to think the cost of posting it from the UK over the pond.
One of my previous slight addictions from some 12 years back lol

Yea I thought about that but ya never know. Prob not worth it though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The strip down continues, rear seat, rear pegs,and tank stickers. Adjusted the gear lever, rear brake lever and bars to suit my stature.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi possibly no, on first glance it would seem to involve removing cutting of the rear frame rails which if and when I move the bike on halves the buyer market.

Next on the cards is processor, pipes and air kit.

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
if you're worried about affecting it's later sell price, then don't modify anything. leave it 100% stock. otherwise, do to it whatever you want and don't worry about getting rid of it at a later date or you might as well just sell it now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah point taken, I googled pics for 950 bobber not to many out there and from what I saw it was just down to a single seat n the plate on the side, rear indis moved to muddy.
That's already on the cards. Do not see any reason to change the rear muddy as unlike the last bike I bobberd the top of the muddy doesn't look like it was hand beaten by Stevie Wonder.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wanna do it so bad to mine but it's a process for sure....one I'm not sure I'm capable of. But have fun and post often whatever u do.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
One thing to keep in mind...... is that even if you cut something off, you can always weld it back on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very true Mick would have to be bloody good welding if the next thing they had to support was some girl weighing the same as Macdonalds daily burgersales.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Valves done purring like a kitten. Also took the chance to swap the rear chrome fender braces for black and lost the chrome plastic on the tank.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts