Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Looks like you are making good progress. Let me know when you get done, I'll give you an "at-a-boy". I hate painting. I hate it so bad, my Wife does all the interior painting. I do move the furniture, take down pictures and remove wall plates. Then I go outside and work in yard.

I moved the thread for you. ;)

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
371 Posts
I'm with you - hate wallpaper. Hate taking it down so much that I would never put it up.

Knew a lady once who removed wallpaper for a living. She went around telling folks she was a stripper...it was the only time I've ever wished I had some to remove.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
As a home owner?

I'll take "anything that involves sewage" for $1000

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
371 Posts
Wallpaper made a lot more sense when our homes were plaster. Not so much on drywall.

·
2,729 Posts
I'm working on the honey do list today too. Just knocked some 50 year old tiles off the bathroom wall and replacing them with bead board. I had to take the tank off the toilet to get behind it - does that count as sewage work? lol

Then there's a can of paint waiting when I'm done that. I'll still take that over wallpaper any day.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Wallpaper...hanging and removing is a pain...some plumbing...Worst for me...sweating solder joints above my head...always burn myself when solder drops down on me....

·
5,891 Posts
Must be several of us working on the "to do" list. Got up early this morning to start on replacing my side fence. It was a total of 25 feet, not too bad. I did the back fence and other side late last year. The neighbor didn't want to split cost so he gets to look at the ugly side rather than doing a good neighbor fence. Just got done, heck of a way to spend a day off.

I did make him pay for that one board I put up on his side.

·
5,891 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like you are making good progress. Let me know when you get done, I'll give you an "at-a-boy". I hate painting. I hate it so bad, my Wife does all the interior painting. I do move the furniture, take down pictures and remove wall plates. Then I go outside and work in yard.

I moved the thread for you. ;)
Thank you and now I now why I became a auto tech.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't do wall paper ever because inevitably it has to come down. When i bought my house one bed room had it and they put it right over untreated dry wall. That sucked real bad.
At that point it may have been easier to replace the walls.

·
5,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,325 Posts
Must be several of us working on the "to do" list. Got up early this morning to start on replacing my side fence. It was a total of 25 feet, not too bad. I did the back fence and other side late last year. The neighbor didn't want to split cost so he gets to look at the ugly side rather than doing a good neighbor fence. Just got done, heck of a way to spend a day off.

View attachment 92691

I did make him pay for that one board I put up on his side.

View attachment 92692
Don’t know how it is in Texas. I owned back when I was in California and had to replace a fence on the property line. Out there the neighbors DO NOT have a choice. They can get separate bids if their not happy with the price you quote, but whatever it is, each neighbor is liable for 50% of all shares fencing.
Pretty cheap of your “neighbor” IMHO.
Not very neighborly!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so the wallpaper is gone and will not return that was 16 hours of my life I don’t want to revisit. Now the next hated job of skimming the damaged walls from wallpaper. Then the painting will take place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts