Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for gas odors - there are a lot of threads but none seem to fit my scenario. I have the 1100 Classic, '05. After a ride the garage will be filled with the smell of raw gas, but no leaks noted. I pulled the air filter and fond a hose behind it that comes off the top of the rear carb but is not attached to anything nor plugged. The end of the hose is expanded, looking like it was attached to something at some point.

When I took the top of the air box off there was raw gas standing in the bottom of the box. I took a pic but have to get my account with the photo site set up before I can show it. I have a week before the temps are back into riding range so I want to get it fixed.

Paul in Denver - snow tire chains installed

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan! I think it's on the carb diagram and is a hose that gets a filter if you're in the UK or CA, otherwise it dangles... I guess. So I still don't know why I have gas in the air box. It could be a bigger problem. Every now and then I have too much air in the gas box and have to go to a filling station.

Best to you
Paul

·
Registered
867 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts