Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only owned it since about May of 2020, and I had no intention of selling it, but a great deal on a bike I've had my eye on for years forced me to made the agonizing decision to sell my beautiful Raider. I've always loved retro bikes, so when the Harley Crossbones first came out I was thrilled they made such a beautiful retro style bike with the black springer front end. So over the years whenever a Crossbones would be selling in my area I'd check out the advertisement only to find it had mega miles on it, or it was typically over-priced from all kinds of mods.

Long story short, the bike in the photo was up for sale, for a fair asking price by a dealer and it has super low miles on it (12K) and was within driving distance ( 3 hr. ride). The only way I could afford it was to sell my Raider, so sadly the Raider is gone, but I got my dream bike.

I'll stick around on this forum to help out with tips (I owned a V-Star 1100 for 8 years) and whatever, but I'm no longer a Yamaha or a Star bike owner. This is my 1st Harley, so we'll see how that goes. Who knows, I might be selling the Harley for another Star bike faster than I planned ((((shrug)))).

Here is my 2011 Harley Crossbones:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

Here it is with a different seat and no sissy bar:
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tail & brake light

The pipes are LOUD so this gets a lot of attention wherever I go. It rides nice on the highway and the springer suspension surprised me with how much it rides as smooth as with regular forks. Having a hard time getting use to ape hangers though, as this is my first bike with them. Bike is heavy, but so was the Raider, and this has miles of torque even if it's peaking out in the 70 mph range.

It's a strange feeling to finally get a bike you've 'lusted' after. It was that way with the Raider, and same with this one. Mostly a 'meh' feeling after the 'honeymoon' is over. It still is putting a smile on my face so that's the payoff.(y)

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,527 Posts
Reaction score
Very nice looking bike. Make sure and give us a detailed report of likes and dislikes after you've gotten some seat time in.

· Registered
6 Posts
Reaction score
Very nice looking bike. Make sure and give us a detailed report of likes and dislikes after you've gotten some seat time in.
Thanks, I'll try to remember to do that. I can already say my V-Star 1100 and my Raider beat this Crossbones in almost every category except for maybe v-twin sound and retro looks. If Yamaha ever built a anything similar to the Crossbones with a springer front end, I'd probable sell the Crossbones for it in a heartbeat. I'm still not a fan of Harley in general as a brand, as odd as that may sound.

My bikes version of the Crossbones still looks too modern to my taste, so I'll be working on turning it more retro as time goes by.

Below is a sample of how easy it is to retro out these bikes.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
I've only owned it since about May of 2020, and I had no intention of selling it, but a great deal on a bike I've had my eye on for years forced me to made the agonizing decision to sell my beautiful Raider. I've always loved retro bikes, so when the Harley Crossbones first came out I was thrilled they made such a beautiful retro style bike with the black springer front end. So over the years whenever a Crossbones would be selling in my area I'd check out the advertisement only to find it had mega miles on it, or it was typically over-priced from all kinds of mods.

Long story short, the bike in the photo was up for sale, for a fair asking price by a dealer and it has super low miles on it (12K) and was within driving distance ( 3 hr. ride). The only way I could afford it was to sell my Raider, so sadly the Raider is gone, but I got my dream bike.

I'll stick around on this forum to help out with tips (I owned a V-Star 1100 for 8 years) and whatever, but I'm no longer a Yamaha or a Star bike owner. This is my 1st Harley, so we'll see how that goes. Who knows, I might be selling the Harley for another Star bike faster than I planned ((((shrug)))).

Here is my 2011 Harley Crossbones:

View attachment 118231

Here it is with a different seat and no sissy bar:
View attachment 118232

The pipes are LOUD so this gets a lot of attention wherever I go. It rides nice on the highway and the springer suspension surprised me with how much it rides as smooth as with regular forks. Having a hard time getting use to ape hangers though, as this is my first bike with them. Bike is heavy, but so was the Raider, and this has miles of torque even if it's peaking out in the 70 mph range.

It's a strange feeling to finally get a bike you've 'lusted' after. It was that way with the Raider, and same with this one. Mostly a 'meh' feeling after the 'honeymoon' is over. It still is putting a smile on my face so that's the payoff.(y)
Nice, you will get used to the apes and love em down fall is rain down your sleeves. I had them on a old Harley

· Registered
2005 Road Star Midnight, 2004 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe Midnight
105 Posts
Reaction score
Personally, I would go metric 99 times out of 100... but your bike might well be the 1 in a 100... VERY nice bike! Enjoy the road and ride safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts