Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on painting the V-Star 650 I picked up back in April. I have another bike I already had and ride, so it's been no hurry working on and making this bike better.

I also have had trouble with the guy I got it from as far as a title, but that's about taken care of.

So, I thought I'd get the rest of the bike painted. This is what it started out looking like:

Here is the solo rack I cut from some aluminum sheet:

I was going to paint it, but decided that it would show scratches worse if painted so went with polishing it instead. It will be easier too keep it shiny and with the other chrome it will look good too.

Here it is mounted on the fender:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few more pictures.

I guess I'll have to load pictures somewhere else. It only let me open an album with 5 pictures and no more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I finally finished up and have the bike painted and put back together. I hope to take it to a poker run and camp next weekend and maybe even get it sold! If not....... I'll at least get to ride it a little bit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with everyone! Have not seen many yellow bikes. I like the solo rack in the back. Glad you polished it. Brings out the bike more. Sa Farm said, I would add a coat or two of good clear coat to protect it and also make the shine stand out more! Safe riding!

Bill

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Danzil your probably right. I'll be taking it on a small local biker rally......... Good music, food and vendors. I shall see if there are any yellow bikes.

Farmall, I got that exact thought when I stood back and looked at it. It looks kind of like the old Indians, minus the front fender skirt. The blacked out wheels and forks only add to that look.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the bike to a Sonic ride in they have every last thursday of the month spring thru summer. There were about 60 or so bikes and a few cars.

The bike was a hit and I had lots of questions and positive comments!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I just spent 3 days down at a bike rally/event that raises money for Vets. I took the yellow bike to just ride around the camp going from my camp back and forth to the stage.

It was a hit...... I had a lot of positive remarks/comments and everyone seemed to like it, a lot. Even when I couldn't hear it, people remarked positively as I rode thru. Got that second hand.

I even had one guy tell me I had a nice old school Harley and he liked the look. Then he asked me what year it was. When I told him it was a 2006 he said " I thought it was an older Harley than that" I then informed him it was a 650 Yamaha..... He said, " Still a nice looking bike" He then jumped on his custom Harley and rode off shaking his head. LOL

The more I rode it, the more I thought I may keep it. But, I think my daughter is interested in buying it, so it may get to stay in the family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts