Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm looking for a solo seat with good lumber support for my 2008 1100 Custom. Any suggestions please?
Thanks in advance.
Tiff913

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
My XVS 1100 came with a Mustang with backrest... solid build, adjustable and seems like it would be comfortable if you're into that level of support.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I put a trunk on my bike that has a back rest

<- see garage photo

I had to fabricate my own bracket to attach it to the fender rail bolts. Its the best back rest Ive had on a MC.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
^ Freedom baby!

If someone else wants to ride they can get their own bike.

besides, if you have a passenger you dont need a backrest.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I got use to having a backrest years ago when I started frame-bashing my own recumbent bicycles. Putting a pack behind the backrest is ideal, because its out of the airstream on the bicycle.

I got sold on the idea for a trunk on my Vstar 650 when I was thinking of buying a vintage Silverwing GL500. The trunk is removable on the honda - to take mine off I have to pull the 4 fender rail bolts (2 at a time). I didnt buy the Silverwing, but I did get a trunk. It was less than $50 on Amazon, I think it is intended for a scooter. You cannot buy a backrest for a Vstar for that price.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Seat and back comfort are subjective and the seats available on the market may not fit your bike. You can take your stock seat to an upholsterer (there should be at least one near you that specializes in motorcycle seats) and have them re-fabricate with new high density foam, gel inserts or simply shave your existing foam. Plus you can get it covered with a variety of vinyls or leathers - customize to your liking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts