Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning carbs on my son's vstar1100 and a piece fell out and I cant figure out where the heck it goes. Parts diagram is no help to me, so figured I would ask here. I had already separated the carbs, and cleaned the front cylinder one. Was taking the connecting bracket off the second one when this piece fell to the table. Any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It looks like one of the medal pieces that go in a grommet. Just took my head covers off and something similar fell out of it. Or a piece to one of the fuel lines? Could it be a pieces that joins the two carbs fuel overflow line?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I got it. About to head outside and check it now. Pretty sure it's a space that goes in the top cap under the choke bracket.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nothing worse than a piece of your bike on the floor with no idea where it came from.
What is worse is finding a part from another bike on the floor and thinking it is from the one your working on. It can drive you nuts thinking where its supposed to go.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLVED!! was part 22 on the diagram. All back together and running great. Checked valves while I was in there too. Next up..fork seals...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts