Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my story got my 05 1100 when I got it ran beautiful no issues I than got an oil change from a shop 2nd time after I ride it it starts acting up when I get on the throttle from mid to high rpm feels like it's bogging out Almost like a misfire or just general loss of power so I changed the plugs had sticky oil around the front cylinder plug didn't think too bad though after the plugs still the same symptoms soi than changed the fuel filter and still the same I'm getting frustrated don't know what else to do and doesn't make any sense of why now it's only got 10,000 miles on it and have only had it for like a month someone anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Check the oil level. Sounds like they may have overfilled it. Your crankcase vent will dump oil into the air box in this situation. This oil, if enough of it, is then sucked through the carbs. The oil level should be just below the actual full mark on the sight glass to prevent this.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'd take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. An 05 with only 10,000 has done nothing but sit. You've probably got some crap in the carbs that needs to be cleaned out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts