Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are on the Yamaha Forum, this is posted there as well.

OK

I am tossing around getting the RoadStar and Vstar 1300. I currently have a vstar 1100 pretty much stock. I want to go all out and customize it on the next bike since I keep bikesfor quite awhile.

One of my main concerns is the availability of after market parts and Chrome.

One of the comments I heard on this forum are the istallation of fairings and that the ignition and speedometer can get in the way. I am looking to get a fairing with a stero system and was wondering if the ignition and speedometer makes my choices limited ?

Also looking to upgrade my intake and pipes as well as other chrome add-ons.

So is the VSTAR1300 have pretty much a limitless supply of aftermarke accessoraies or would I do better with the RoadStar ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I own a 1300 and I'm doing extensive modifications. The speedometer isn't as much of a problem as the ignition switch is. (although the riser with integrated speedometer bracket limit you on new riser choices). Someone on Vstar 1300 Riders Forum posted that he had a Memphis shades batwing fairing (not sure about stereo) but he could get to the ignition switch but not easily. I actually moved my ignition switch because I'm mounting a tach right above where the switch used to be. For modification purposes, your going to find alot more accessories for the Roadstar and it's easier to modify. I bought my 1300 for specific reasons (water cooled, lighter, fuel injection, faster), but I am fabricating many of my own components to get the 1300 to look like I want it to look, more like a custom than a classic. That's not to say that you can't buy aftermarket parts for the 1300 (mostly touring and classic parts), just not as many as the Roadstar and not ones I wanted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts