Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
great report.

Im not sure the being proud is the right word, but I cant think of the right way to say it.

Yamaha engineers and their production crew certainly have earned our respect and appreciation.

With 36k miles on the odo of my VS 650 I have never had any issues that stopped me from riding the bike when I wanted to. Push the button and go.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yamaha makes great bikes for sure. Even though I couldn't start my wife's 650 yesterday (battery died again) and recently switched to HD myself I still think Yamaha is #1 in terms of reliability.

BUT... I don't trust those ratings from Motorcycle.com very much. People posting great reviews while giving 1-star rating either by not knowing how to rate or doing it by purpose so I'm not 100% confident that their ratings are very representative.

Best bike is the one that puts smile on your face.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yamaha makes great bikes for sure. Even though I couldn't start my wife's 650 yesterday (battery died again) and recently switched to HD myself I still think Yamaha is #1 in terms of reliability.

BUT... I don't trust those ratings from Motorcycle.com very much. People posting great reviews while giving 1-star rating either by not knowing how to rate or doing it by purpose so I'm not 100% confident that their ratings are very representative.

Best bike is the one that puts smile on your face.
Which HD did you get and how do you like it compared to the Yammy?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got 2013 Road King 110th Anniversary Edition. Love it so far. A lot more comfortable than my Stryker. And runs much smoother especially at low speeds.
Nice, got the 103 or did it get upped in CI with a Screaming Eagle kit?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nice, got the 103 or did it get upped in CI with a Screaming Eagle kit?
103 all stock so far. I may do screaming eagle stage 1 (intake/exhaust/power commander) upgrade next year, but not planning to go any further. Harleys are reliable bikes as long as you keep them stock and not mess too many things up. Mine has enough power/torque for my riding style, I'm not going any faster than 100 mph.

If I ever have extra money I'll probably get something like Bolt as my around-a-town bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts