Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am from Canton Ohio. I am looking at getting either the V Star 950 or 1300. Very soon this will be my first bike, but not the first time I have ridden. I have raced factory motocross (a few years and about 70 lbs ago lol) and ridden friends bikes. I would love some advice on choosing between the two. And any other info or tips that would be handy.

I am a big guy and will be doing a lot of long distance ridding with a passenger. In 2013 I will be ridding from ohio to wyoming. So I am going to need something that can take a long ride and will be comfortable

Thank you BadWolf

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Since you still seem to be shopping around you may want to take a look at this dealer
http://www.ohiomotorcycle.com/

The Oakwood store is only few minutes from where i work and always have a lot of options on new previous year(s) bikes. It might be worth the ride if you have a couple of hours with nothing else to do.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sorry about the whole living in Canton thing. :D Anyhow, since you plan on a decent amount of 2 up riding definitely get as much bike as you can afford and are comfortable with. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see anything in the rules about posting a picture. I have not figured how to make an avatar yet i didn't see any where to upload one.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Sorry about that, didn't mean to ruffle some feathers.:eek:

But on page 59860 of the newb rule book, you can find how to post your avatar. Here's a quick resume for ya.;)

On the lower menu bar there's an icon called "user cp"; click on it this will bring you to thepage where you can select your avatar
On that page to the left there are other menu's click on the "edit avatar"
From there you have the option of choosing/browsing either a pic from your puter or from a site where you have store your pics
Once you have chosen the pic you want hit the "save changes".

And voila, avatar posted for all to enjoy. :)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:confused:

You say your a big guy and planning on a lot of 2up riding, have you looked at the Road Stars, Roadliner & Stratoliner?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sorry Corsair I'm gonna let you down tonight. ................... Not Where's the pics.Come on you newbies read the rules.Corsair lined it out for you for the correct page and all.Gees.Just given the new guys a warm welcome. It's all in fun so don't take it to heart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem no feathers ruffled just thought I missed something. Yes sparky I have but I am trying to keep on a low as possible and also do have a lot of experience riding big bikes. I would say 70% of my rides will be solo and around town My girl will have her own bike for in town rides but when we take to the long trips she wants to ride with me. So I really dont need a heavy weight most of the time.

I live in area that can go for big city traffic to small town in 15 min drive so I need some thing I can move around in city traffic too.
But thanks for the suggestion!

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!
30% with "you know who" on the back and for long road trips will be a lot loooooooooonger if you both aren't comfortable. I would suggest the bigger bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts