Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals!
So hopefully Sunday I will go to pick up my roadliner! it doesn't run currently, and has been ignored since its rider passed away in 2010.
I currently/typically ride a goldwing 1200, but I blew the head gasket on it, AND my dad's Honda Shadow shifter gasket in 8 days TO THE HOUR.

Kinda wondering what I should be looking at/for when I go to inspect this bike. battery is stone dead, so i am going to have to jump it just to see if it actually turns on at all! it has spent nearly a year under a car port, and has minor rust due to this. here are some pics! again, ANY help regarding anything i should look at would be MUCH appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,206 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome to the 4m! I think if it starts, you are in good shape. Be sure to expect tire rot - even if the tires LOOK great - it's been sitting for 5 years so I would plan on new tires, oil change, maybe bleed the brakes too. Mechanical things like to run...sitting for a while means maybe some more babying.

What year is it? If it's carb and not fi, I would expect to have to clean the carbs too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts