Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. This is a great group, and the V-Star is a great bike. But I have physical issues that made me change bikes.
In short, in the same accident that caused by back, knee, and shoulder issues that drew me to the V-Star (and away from sport/sporty bikes), also broke my coccyx (tailbone).

The V-Star was awesome around town, but after about 150 miles my tailbone started killing me. Because of the forward position of the floorboards, there was no way to shift weight around and get relief.
This is not unique to bikes, I can't sit in a chair for more than an hour or so without lots of movement, weight shifting, etc.

I've been trying a bunch of bikes but the only thing that didn't kill my shoulder and hands, let me take some weight on my feet, and move around in the saddle was the Wing.
If the Wing doesn't work, I may be done riding.

So here we are. A dealer I've been working with to find the right bike called with a smoking deal on a trade-in Wing with ABS (a requirement). So I traded on the V-Star today and brought home the Wing.

I'll be around, I like the discussions here. Thanks for all the help with my V-Star, and I'll see you on the road!

·
Super Moderator
4,447 Posts
Good luck on your new ride.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hi everyone. This is a great group, and the V-Star is a great bike. But I have physical issues that made me change bikes.
In short, in the same accident that caused by back, knee, and shoulder issues that drew me to the V-Star (and away from sport/sporty bikes), also broke my coccyx (tailbone).

The V-Star was awesome around town, but after about 150 miles my tailbone started killing me. Because of the forward position of the floorboards, there was no way to shift weight around and get relief.
This is not unique to bikes, I can't sit in a chair for more than an hour or so without lots of movement, weight shifting, etc.

I've been trying a bunch of bikes but the only thing that didn't kill my shoulder and hands, let me take some weight on my feet, and move around in the saddle was the Wing.

So here we are. A dealer I've been working with to find the right bike called with a smoking deal on a trade-in Wing with ABS (a requirement). So I traded on the V-Star today and brought home the Wing.

I'll be around, I like the discussions here. Thanks for all the help with my V-Star, and I'll see you on the road!
Much congrat's on your new ride. You will very much enjoy what a GoldWing can offer you! Again, congrat's and safe rides!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hope it works for you and that you can continue riding. That's more important than what you ride. Best of luck and I'm glad you're gonna still hang around.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
I’m also glad you’re still going to be around. Keep us updated on how the wing is working for you and I hope you’ll be able to keep riding as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

No worries. The wing is the ONLY other touring bike I would consider. As a matter of fact, my dealership has a 2012 red/silver with 10k miles on it and EVERY SINGLE ADD ON THAT KURYAKYN MAKES (about $6500 worth) and it’s only $14,599!!
If I had the room I’d jump on it in heartbeat as a second bike! The thing looks showroom new!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts