Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Somewhat new to the forum. In my history of bikes I have owned a V Star 1100 Classic and a V Star 650 Custom at one point.

Long story short, I have once again obtained the 2005 1100 Classic that I bought new. Using it to commute to work 30 miles away. When I owned it previously, I added a windshield, lower air deflectors, lowered it and added a stiffer Eibach spring.

The second owner of the bike has since passed away. He had only put 1000 miles on it, then it sat at the dealership for over a year. He added the extra lights and changed out my plain saddle bags for ones with studs and a wolf head. Not really my style, but kept them as a tribute to the guy as he really loved the bike.

Got the oil/filter, rear end oil & brake fluid changed in it when it came home. This weekend I did the stock exhaust mod and then removed the AIS.

Only has about 5500 miles on it, but the rear tire is just about to the wear bars, so new tires are coming real soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm so sorry about your friend. I think leaving the bags as a tribute is a nice touch. Welcome!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had traded the bike in on a Victory Vegas back in 07. Later, when we were in the process of adopting our daughter, motorcycles went bye-bye.

Now we were back to a point where having a bike was feasable again and it all worked out where my old bike had been available and for the right price. It was a good deal and I knew the bike and all that had been done to it. So it just worked out to get it back.

Funny thing is that I appreciate this bike a WHOLE lot more now than I did back then!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts