Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something affordable yet has decent sound to it. Not going with a fairing. Just looking for something that mounts on the bars or i can fab a mount for the back of the windshield. So what's everyone using or what are some recommendations? Currenty using a bluetooth speaker behind the windshield, works ok but would like a better volume for highway which is the majority of my riding. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Look at the Boss 4** systems on Amazon. They are $45-$75. They can be heard on the highway. And depending on musical preference, dont sound too bad. Jazz and classic rock sound good. If you want Bass or EQ abilities, you'll need to spend 10xs that on a Harmon Kardon or go Fairing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Classic rock are the main tunes. Picked one up on amazon. Actually looks like what my buddy has on his volusia. Seem to have good reviews.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use this one on my 2000 1100 Classic:

Chrome 600 watt Motorcycle/ATV Sound System | MC400 | Boss Audio Systems

Not a whole lot of bass expectedly, but sounds great and has plenty of volume. I relocated my tool pouch to a small handlebar bag, removed the mounting tabs from the amp, and stuck it in the spot under the seat where the tool pouch goes. I would say though that you should get some ferrite line filters to reduce engine feedback through your speakers. I attached a pic to show how the speakers look attached to the bars.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice. I ordered the mc500 i think it was. Same as the 400 but with fm receiver, i think. I don't have a tool kit other than few small things that live in tue saddle bags so amp will probably end up in that left side storage under the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts