Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trump has instructed the Pentagon to get the ball rolling on Space Force. Knowing Trump, first order of business will likely be declaring Mars and Neptune enemy planets.

Saturn should be ripe for the taking, he can build a big beautiful wall around it and make Uranus pay for it.

Are Trump space hotels and galactic golf courses in the works?

Trump will be selling MAGA beanies with propellers on his Facebook page.

It's Trump's universe - we just live in it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
In order for there to be a Space Force shouldn't there be spacecraft? How many countries that have an air force (of sorts) don't have aircraft or a navy with no ships in the fleet?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In order for there to be a Space Force shouldn't there be spacecraft? How many countries that have an air force (of sorts) don't have aircraft or a navy with no ships in the fleet?
That's where the MAGA beanies with propellers comes in.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Nasa has always been run in parallel with the Military.

There was a secret space station program during the Gemini years called MOL. Two astronauts would have been in orbit for weeks at a time with a telescope to spy on the USSR. We never launched ours, but the USSR had the same idea, and put one in space. It was superseded by spy satellites.

https://www.space.com/31470-manned-orbiting-laboratory-military-space-station.html

The space shuttle program was based on the military needs to launch and retrieve top secret satellites. Nasa originally wanted a very different shuttle and space station, but the military requirements forced them to compromise the entire program. When the first shuttle blew up the military stopped flying satellites on the shuttle, and that was the beginning of the end of the shuttle program.

In reality the purpose of putting a mercury capsule on an airforce rocket and orbiting the earth, was to test-fly our ICBMs over the USSR, like they did when Yuri flew over the USA. The exploration of "space" was the cover story.

Google it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
This Space Military idea is not new. Reagan proposed Strategic Defense Initiative which was a program to shoot nukes out of the sky from space.
Good idea or not, a bunch of great everyday items came from the space program. Baby formula, Polarized Sunglasses, the computer mouse, cordless tools, to name a few. By the way, NASA did not invent Velcro.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
The US AirForce already has an unmanned space shuttle - it is totally classified, but one of the things it could be used for would be to capture someone elses satellite and bring it back to Earth - ie: steal it.

In the news today:

"Retired NASA astronaut Mark Kelly has lambasted President Trump's proposal to create a Space Force, saying the Air Force already does the tasks Trump is talking about and labeling the plan a "dumb idea."

"This is a dumb idea," Kelly wrote on Twitter. "The Air Force does this already. That is their job. What’s next, we move submarines to the 7th branch and call it the “under-the-sea force?”

The man has spent a year in space - I think he knows what he is talking about!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Not disagreeing with Mark Kelly. However, there is more space out there then just the 18 KMs to 36,000 KMs where satellites orbit. Maybe Trump is thinking beyond that and maybe that 6th branch will focus on that.

The constant going negative about what comes out of the US President's mouth is getting really old.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Whether you like the President or not I hope this gets us back into space. Being a child of the space age I ate Space Food Sticks and drank Tang, I remember them bringing the TV into the classroom to watch the different space shots. I hope it works.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
when I was a kid in the 60's I wanted to be an astronaut, like every other kid in america

but dont be confused or mislead by what trump is doing - this is nothing about science or exploration

trump is talking about using space for more military purposes than we are already doing

nothing good will come out of this - any benefits gained by military conquest are far exceeded by the resulting death and destruction

since before it was founded in 1776, every generation in the history of the USA has been engaged in a major war - every 30 years of less.

When will it stop?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Since before it was founded in 1776, every generation in the history of the USA has been engaged in a major war - every 30 years of less.

When will it stop?
Since the 5 main reasons are Power, Revenge, Religion, Protection, & Resources. As soon as you remove emotion from the human body those 5 reason become (almost) moot.

·
Super Moderator
13,073 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts