Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my new Eluder Saturday, cant wait. I realize the bike only comes with 1 key fob, are you guys buying an extra? Or just hoping you don't lose it? I do realize you can start the bike with a code in emergencies.

Thanks

Registered
From what I have read people are going with the universal that you program for an extra. They said always have a spare.

Registered
2018 Yamaha Star Venture TC
Picking up my new Eluder Saturday, cant wait. I realize the bike only comes with 1 key fob, are you guys buying an extra? Or just hoping you don't lose it? I do realize you can start the bike with a code in emergencies.

Thanks
I bought a spare fob from my dealer, and several other owners here have mentioned doing the same. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but not out of line with similar fobs for cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I will order one. Partzilla is pretty reasonable

Premium Member

Thanks
I bought one from PartsZilla over the winter. Just got the bike out of storage, will probably program the new fob this weekend. There's a post here somewhere with the instructions.

Registered

Thanks
I just ordered an extra from the dealer. They called me today and said it鈥檚 in. $250

Registered
I bought one from PartsZilla over the winter. Just got the bike out of storage, will probably program the new fob this weekend. There's a post here somewhere with the instructions.
You can start the bike with a code but you have to make sure the right side saddlebag is unlocked because the emergency start button for putting into the mode where you enter the code is under the lid of the saddle bag. So if you need the emergency switch because you lost your key fob and your bags are locked you鈥檙e kinda screwed. That is, unless you did what I did.

I Installed an alternate button for the emergency start switch. Installed a waterproof momentary switch and parallel wired to the two wires under the sheathing coming off the back of the emergency switch button inside the saddlebag. No need to unlock the bag to access the emergency start now.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts