Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those little bushings that are on the top of the tank that hold down the speedo housing are missing. I have one left holding it, and I know as soon as I take it apart to pull the tank, it's gonna get destroyed ( had to glue it in order to save it). I'm getting the tank sodablasted next week, and would like to replace these bushings. I can't seem to find a part number anywhere. Does anyone know a part number, or have a better solution to fix my issue? It's a 99 Vstar 650 Classic.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Those little bushings that are on the top of the tank that hold down the speedo housing are missing. I have one left holding it, and I know as soon as I take it apart to pull the tank, it's gonna get destroyed ( had to glue it in order to save it). I'm getting the tank sodablasted next week, and would like to replace these bushings. I can't seem to find a part number anywhere. Does anyone know a part number, or have a better solution to fix my issue? It's a 99 Vstar 650 Classic.
they call em a nut #90179-05523-00 if your talking about the rubber grommet inserts with a threaded brass bushing in em, use a little lube on the bolts and don't over tighten them, dissimilar metals a stainless screw into brass sometimes oxidize to each other

1 - 2 of 2 Posts