Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cover my bike overnight, I don't particularly live in a humid or rainy area. However it did rain a few weeks back, and since then there's been slight condensation under my speedometer glass. it's not affecting the speedo whatsoever, but it's damn annoying. Anyone ever have this issue, and if so, how'd you deal with it?

·
Registered
600 Posts
no condensation on my speedo .. I make sure to lay out on the sunny sand daily to keep it dry!!!
:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hasn't happen to me yet. I think that the seal might have a crackmor has shrunk a bit and lets some humidity in. I would place the bike in the sun to dry this out and then remove the speedo and apply either some silicone sealant around the base of the speedo. If the humidity comes back, you might have to do the same thing but on the front glass.

·
Registered
207 Posts
no condensation on my speedo .. I make sure to lay out on the sunny sand daily to keep it dry!!!
:D :D :D
Good one!

Back to the OP, I cover my bike when we go to our cottage and have never had condensation in the speedo after a rain. In fact the whole bike stays just as dry as when it's in the garage at home.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
What kind of bike do you have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts