Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vstar 1300 and I am wondering if anyone would have an idea why my speedo doesn't give an accurate reading. It seems to be OK up to about 60 km. When it indicates 110 km I'm only going 100. It has stock size tires on it.
I'm really not keen on adding another electrical item just so I get a proper reading on my speedo.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Answered you on the other forum too.....all motorcycles are set up like that from the factory.....some say it's a kind of safety feature. You can use your phone GPS if you need super accurate KPH/MPH.....after many bikes I'm used to it...never really bothers me, I just know I've got a little head room with speed if I want to use it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yep all Yamaha's seem to read faster on the speedo than GPS shows. My 2012 V-Star 1300 speedo at 60 mph was about 5 mph off with GPS speed at about 55mph. '14 Strat is 2-3 mph off. At 70mph on speedo, GPS is 67-68 mph.

Normal but somewhat aggravating. I changed wheels with the rear going from 17" to 18" and by going to a 50 series 200mm tire it stayed at the same difference. Height of wheel vs. lower sidewall equaled out. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts