Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally replaced the original battery last week in my 2006 V Star 1100 Silverado. As soon as I started driving down the road, I noticed the speedometer and odometer were not working. The odometer stays completely blank. The "check engine" light also lit up shortly after, I'm assuming because it's not getting a signal from the speed sensor. After parking, I noticed the neutral indicator light is also not working. The bike runs great, the turn signal and high beam indicators do work. I've checked all the fuses I can find and all were good. I've also tried reconnecting the battery several times thinking it could possibly be a bad ground...no luck. Everything worked fine at the end of last riding season, so it seems like there has to be a bad connection at the battery or as a result of moving wires around while replacing battery, but I have been unable to find anything wrong. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corsair,
I haven't checked anything under the tank. I have tried pretty much everything under the seat. I'll try to check under the tank tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts