Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off to all my brothers and sisters on here Merry Christmas!

Ok, here is my problem my wife bought me a Chrome Spike air cleaner for my 2004 1100 V Star Classic and there are no instructions on how to install it! Any help on this would be GREAT Thanks all in advance!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Try Googling the make and part number some products are now providing manuals online. Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here it is on the Vstar 1300.:p
Got it for $62 with shipping not bad, it's heavy duty.:eek:
Don't know how good the filter is, will go KN later.
I did have to build a adapter plate.

I posted this on another site but there may be some that will benefit.:rolleyes:

Yes bevo1981 I finely went ahead and bought it.
Took some doing to get it adapted.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That`s a Honda vtx . I wonder if the Yamaha v star 1330 hooks up just as easy? Anyone?
The kit I got said it would work on the VStar 1300 but what they sent was only for the 1100.
Even came with the needed jets for the 1100.
I would recommend making some gaskets for any of these Spikes.

I didn't look in to the more expensive Spices.
For $50 and an afternoon of modding I got just what I needed.
I haven't had a chance to really test it out.
My one test ride in the cold felt like better at the bottom.
It seemed to pull a taller gear at slow speeds.
I all so noticed it didn't back fire one time on my 40 miles ride, but it was pretty cold out so more testing will be needed if it will just quit raining.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it figured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post some pix once in stalled! Thanks for the info/help on this folks! And one more time MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you and your families!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Iv wanted one of these for a while but since i ride all year round its out i don't want to suck rain in

A friend will help you move a brother will help you move the body

·
Registered
121 Posts
Iv wanted one of these for a while but since i ride all year round its out i don't want to suck rain in

A friend will help you move a brother will help you move the body
Shadowrider it will take me like 10 minutes to switch over to stock when I'm going to take a long trip.
May check into one of those filter covers but not really to worried about it.

·
Administrator
13,274 Posts
Shadowrider it will take me like 10 minutes to switch over to stock when I'm going to take a long trip.
May check into one of those filter covers but not really to worried about it.
Dont bother. I have this from la choppers which is completely exposed to the elements. I've been caught in the rain numerous times and never had any issues.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dont bother. I have this from la choppers which is completely exposed to the elements. I've been caught in the rain numerous times and never had any issues.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks Bevo
With so many open air filter out there I figured I would have heard some bad reports by now.
If I was going for a 3 week cross country ride I think I would change it back.
But around here close to home.
NO PROBLEM!!!
O Bevo or others how good do you thing the filter is on these cheapo Spikes?
Not really that worried just:confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
They make rain covers for spike or exposed filters.. BTW.. my spike.. was over $500 LOL.. but it also weighs about 3 pounds with no element (maybe more) Its a HUNK of aluminum:

Your Spike really look nice!!!
$27 for the rain cover that's over half what I paid for the spike. LOL
I was surprised at how much these things weigh, their defensively heavy duty.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts