Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vstar 1100 custom, spoked 15" rear

I had a leak at my spoke, removed rear wheel n theres a screw in the tire that i didnt see n apparantly didnt break into the tube. However will just replacing the tube suffice?
My tire has alot if tread life left

Didnt want the tire shop to just recommend the option that made them most $

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't see why not. If it was mine I would remove screw and replace tube, checking inside of tire also. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If it is just a small hole in the tire, I would just replace the tube and ride it. I'd also recommend checking the tire pretty often just to make sure that a problem doesn't develop where the screw poked thru. I had the same thing happen to me with a tire that was only 2 weeks old. :mad: I replaced the tube and ran the tire until it was wore out with out ever having a problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the input guys.

Blue bike club, nice!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah if theres a nail/screw in the tire and your loosing air then the tube has a puncture as well. I just took the tire I had on my 1110 with a nail in it and patched it and put it on my 650 and took the new tire off my 650 and put it on my 1100 as the tube on the 650 holds the air anyways. I have mag wheels on my 1100.

·
Registered
570 Posts
spoke wheels are so cool to see on a bike and case no problems. You could, if you choose, to go tubeless after some work on the spokes. It has been done very successfully by many riders. there are very good instructions in the help pages here for the change-over.
happy wheelin´.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts