Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Be careful and have fun. If you haven't ridden 39 and time allows check it out. It follows the Guadalupe river and is a pretty nice ride.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I’m a week behind Les. Heading down to Bandera tomorrow, then the 3 sisters Thursday, and on home. Will post a few pics.

Love being within easy reach of the Frio Canyon. Y’all ride safe!
Weather said you guys were looking at 75mph winds and storms through Texas.
That gonna affect you?

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Weather said you guys were looking at 75mph winds and storms through Texas.
That gonna affect you?
Cliffieg is probably on the road. I thought the same about weather, he might get wet going but sunny and clear in Bandera this afternoon for the next couple of days.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waited out the storms this morning. Hit the road at 1. Windy today, but beautiful! Tomorrow is supposed to be perfect. In Marble Falls now. Luckenbach next. Then Bandera and the Arkey Blues! Lotta people waving at me today...must know I'm on the road to victory...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
things got a little hairy in the boonies. PAVEMENT ENDS. LOOSE LIVESTOCK. ....but i made it to Luckenbach. On to Bandera!

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Last week when I was there the bluebonnets hadn't started to bloom yet. How about this week? Hey, watch those walking steaks, I've been told they like to ride. 😀😁

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last week when I was there the bluebonnets hadn't started to bloom yet. How about this week? Hey, watch those walking steaks, I've been told they like to ride. 😀😁

The bluebonnets were out in force along the FMs south of Marble Falls. Really beautiful out there today. 337 and 335 tomorrow. Saw about 60 miles of Tejas I’d never seen before today, and it was pretty great.

The Old San Antonio Rd from south of FBurg to Comfort is pretty spectacular. Not to be missed if you’re in the area.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wwlbd?

Safe at home.

Overall, a fantastic trip. The weatherman barfed on the hurricane winds this morning, however. Said NW15. Try NW50+. I was up in the canyon heights on 337 and have never ridden in anything like it. Feet getting blasted off the foot boards at times. Not a good feeling. Cut it off in Vanderpool and took 39 (as Les reported, beautiful, twisty route) into Kerrville. Pretty great riding rest of the day. Bluebonnets everywhere!

I did nearly run out of gas for the first time. Left FBurg expecting some sort of gas between FBurg, enchanted rock, and Llano. Nothing. Rolled into Llano on “c’mon baby”-s and fumes. 158 miles on one tank!!!! (Roadliner = 4.5 gallon tank). Unprecedented. 20+ on reserve. I choose to think of it as the Miracle of the Gallons.

Bottom line: wimped out on the bulk of the Sisters. Still did about 500 miles, though, and had a great time. I’ll go back in April and right the wrong.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Glad you enjoyed 39, it's just a cool easy ride twisting along the Guadalupe. I bet it was interesting riding the twisties with that kid of wind. Glad you made it home safely. How about some pictures? Remember, no pictures, it never happened.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Cool, I believe you now. 😊😁

1 - 12 of 12 Posts