Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok members, I wanted to start a new topic since the MLB season is now underway. No bashing or crude language, but if you’re an MLB fan, who’s your favorite teams? Which stadiums have you watched a game at, and what stadiums have you driven past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll start it off, I’ve attended games at Chicago(cubs) St. Louis(cards), LA(multiple dodger games) Atlanta(braves) Boston(Red Sox). I’ve driven past yankee stadium, KC Royals stadium, and Angels stadium multiple times. Houston(Astros), and NY(Mets).
Fav teams, Red Sox in the AL,Dodgers in the NL.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Driven past Cards, Royals. Been to Colorado Rockies when Nat's were in town. Fun times. Favorite team has been and will always be Chicago Cubs. Thanks to WGN. If it weren't for them, probably the Rockies. I love baseball. The season goes too fast for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya! Baseball season goes way too fast for me as well. When I went to Wrigley field, the fans were great and very hospitable, we had a great time!

·
Registered
500 Posts
No crude language? (Twist hat backwards, get in yo face, and kick dirt, kick dirt, kick dirt.)

I've seen games at Oakland Coliseum, Candlestick, Fenway, Riverfront, Kaufman, Astrodome (got a foul ball), Minute Maid, Arlington Stadium (got a foul ball), and Globe Life Park (saw Kenny Rogers' perfect game). Saw a spring training game in Dunedin,FL (Mets v Montreal -- got a ball fouled by Darrel Strawberry but gave it to the kid in front of me. After all, it did bounce off him. But still, Strawberry! Damn.).
Drove past Veterans in Philadephia ( UUUUUUGLY! Sorry Phillies, but I hear you have a nice one now, so congrats!)

Favorite AL team is the home town Texas Rangers.
Favorite NL team is the champeens of the whole world -- Houston Astros! Yeah, yeah, I know. But I don't accept it.

Strange but true: I've got 3 foul balls in all these years and all three times there was a Canadian team playing. Montreal in the dome and in Dunedin, FL and Toronto at Arlington Stadium.

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
I hear y'all talking about all these triple A teams and stadiums. if you really what to see a major league team and stadium come on down for the Houston Astros. Now that's kicking dirt back at you. 🤠

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got to agree with you les, the Astros really looked good last year and looking good this year. Even though they beat my Dodgers in the WS, they were clicking like a well oiled machine. I love Altuve, classic dynamite coming in small packages and his enthusiasm is infectious.

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
graybeard, that’s impressive getting three foul balls at three different parks. When Strawberry was traded to the Dodgers, his brother cringed as his brother is a well respected LAPD officer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Being from Canada it's Blue Jays all the way except for my daughter who's a Red Sox fan. Jays are doing ok so far but I don't expect them to go all the way for a long time to come. Been to Citizens Bank park to see the Phillies play and plan on going to Boston this year if I can work it into my schedule. Have been to spring training in Fort Myers Florida the last two years and watched the Twins and Red Sox take on a number of teams. Have driven past the Pirates stadium in Pittsburg but nothing else. I just love being on my motorcycle so I don't make it out to many games anymore.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Love my Astros! I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. In the time when nobody wanted to see Astros I was there. Stadium empty but Astros giving it all they could. 100 + loss season I was there. I have loved them since a kid and ALWAYS rooted for them. Bad, good, or great. GO ASTROS! Les let's meet up for a game

·
Registered
500 Posts
graybeard, that’s impressive getting three foul balls at three different parks. When Strawberry was traded to the Dodgers, his brother cringed as his brother is a well respected LAPD officer.
Hilarious. What a waste of talent.

This is a great thread. Baseball, spring.

I always wanted to see a game at Dodger Stadium. Sit in the sun. Have an adult bev and get to watch pitchers take their turn at the plate again like the old days at the astrodome.

The baseball atmosphere in Oakland was good. It was totally accidental that the day I got to go the Rangers were in town. Nobody around me seemed to mind a bit.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Love my Astros! I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. In the time when nobody wanted to see Astros I was there. Stadium empty but Astros giving it all they could. 100 + loss season I was there. I have loved them since a kid and ALWAYS rooted for them. Bad, good, or great. GO ASTROS! Les let's meet up for a game
I'm up in Dallas now, but my first MLB experience was at the dome in '82 and for the next couple of years after that. My first experience of a MLB stadium was the sound of Don Sutton making it pop while warming up on the first base line and the big roof. Tried to make at least one game every home series for the years I was there. Nolan, Sutton, Richards, then Niekro to mess with your head. My grandfather always listened to the Colt 45s on the radio at night. I was too young to realize what a big deal it was to have a team closer to home than St. Louis (who by proximity alone earned a large Texas fan base back in the day.)

·
Registered
500 Posts
today's attendance in Chicago versus Tampa: 974

the paper said 43 degrees for a day game.

watched a little bit of St. Louis v Milwaukee on the tube the other night. Balaclavas, sweat shirts, everyone breathing a frozen cloud. Strange how fast the games are when it's cold!

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
And they lost their home opener. :(
Return to normalcy at Wrigley?

Chicago fans,
is Chicago divided north/Cubs and south/Sox or is everyone behind both or what? It's not like the old Yankees/Giants or Yankees/Mets animosity is it? It's hard to imagine caring one way or the other about the White Sox. But I don't live there so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
there was a B team in my town called the west haven yankees it was in the mid to late 70s and didn't cost an arm and leg like the majors do today, who has money to go to a ball game these days especially with a couple kids who like to eat, not me that's for sure. the last game i ever saw live was on the 4th of july i forget the year but the yankees threw a no hitter playing boston, i only got to go because an uncle gave me two box seat tickets

·
Registered
119 Posts
Return to normalcy at Wrigley?

Chicago fans,
is Chicago divided north/Cubs and south/Sox or is everyone behind both or what? It's not like the old Yankees/Giants or Yankees/Mets animosity is it? It's hard to imagine caring one way or the other about the White Sox. But I don't live there so I don't know.
I'm not from there, but what I here it is a division. Yes the Ricketts family have screwed up Wrigley Field, but maybe it is for the better. I am from a farming community in Idaho, just happened to have WGN when I was a kid when Wrigley didn't have lights. No afternoon cartoons, Cubs games. So I watched. I fell in love with Harry Caray and hey hey hey, we got a new Cubs fan.

·
Registered
500 Posts
there was a B team in my town called the west haven yankees it was in the mid to late 70s and didn't cost an arm and leg like the majors do today, who has money to go to a ball game these days especially with a couple kids who like to eat, not me that's for sure. the last game i ever saw live was on the 4th of july i forget the year but the yankees threw a no hitter playing boston, i only got to go because an uncle gave me two box seat tickets
The Rangers played the Astros on opening day this year. I got on the Rangers ticket site to see about getting some for me and my brother-in-law. Third level seats on third base side were $188 each. We passed. Haven't been to major league game this year but I've been to 9 college games. Excellent. I highly recommend it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts