Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick history: My '08 Roadliner with just over 88000 miles had a problem of stalling at stop lights, hard starts, and generally running like crap. Once it died, the only way to get it going again would be to hold the the throttle open a little, hit the starter and hope for the best. Letting it idle would be out of the question at that point and the only way to keep it running would be constantly revving the engine. That problem was happening regardless of the weather but hotter days were the worst and according to a few sources, my best course of action would be to check/adjust the valves.

I did the valve adjustment last week. Getting that rear cover off and back on again sucked! Cold starts have drastically improved and it idles just fine (so IAC is good, right?) at just under 1000 rpm....until the weather got hot again. We've had a couple of warmer days here in SoCal (over 90 degrees) recently and my stalling/idling issues have come back, overnight! I'm seriously confused as hell why this thing acts so weird on hot days. Diagnostics doesn't tell me anything either. Am I missing something?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts