Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 V Star 1100 is stalling. I am the third owner and bought it with 8500 miles on it. This after I had a mechanic go through it. Changed wires, new plug, clean carbs, completely gone through by mechanic. She has started stalling. It starts fine, goes a few miles then stalls. I give it a couple minutes and she starts up and does the same. She ran fine for about 1500, she now has 10000 on her. I have to admit, I'm clueless. Thanks for all of your considerations in advance.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
If it was necessary to clean the carbs then there was crap in the fuel tank

your petcock strainer, fuel filter, or fuel pump could be plugged.

pull the fuel line that goes from the fuel pump to the carbs off at the carb end, turn the key and kill switch on so the fuel pump runs, and see if fuel flows or just drizzles out of that line...

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Same issue a few years ago, fuel filter clogged. Mine would idle fine, drive for a few miles, then die. There was not enough fuel getting thru filter to keep bowls full. I would sit for a few minutes and turn key off and on. That would cycle pump and fill filter I guess. After I changed filter I let it dry and shook it out. Picture shows how much junk was in there.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Next time it happens, get off the bike
put your hands on your hips
tilt your head to the right
and in a firm stern voice say "LETS GO! ... QUIT STALLING!"

(My wife thinks that works)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts