Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,748 Posts
OK, I'm old and a little slow at times, but how do you lift the tires and not the bike? I bought this one a few years ago. Got it on sale and had coupon for $49. Works good, no issues. Thought was to get this one till I could buy a good one. I like this one so why change? It also works good as a tranny Jack for mustang.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a lift like what Les has and didn't have any trouble getting to the 3 plugs on the bottom of the Raider. Granted i had to get low to do it. Can't remember if I laid on the floor or the creeper. One thing I did do was use a disposable tin pan, like the 8x8 or 9x13 throwaway ones instead of the bulky plastic drain pan. You can massage them in to place a little if needed, just have to keep up with how much oil comes out, vs how much it can fit.
It also has loops on it so you can use a ratchet strap to ensure the bike is not going to move easily, though it is pretty sturdy without straps.

If you are feeling crafty, you could probably make a set up with some 2x6 and 2x4's . Block up the ramp and spots for the tire and have the 'bridge' between the wheel stands be removable. An idea at least.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
I dont stand my 650 up when I change the oil, I leave it on the kick stand and it seems to drain ok to the left side.

When I want the bike to sit up straight I do what Alpha said - I have a couple 2x6 and 2x4 pieces that stack to the correct height. I can put some under the right side of the frame between the engine and tire, pick the bike up straight off the kickstand, and put the same thing under the left side of the frame. I can do this myself sitting on the seat, and pushing the blocks into place with my feet.

It holds the bike solid and vertical, for adjusting the valves for example.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking for recommendations on stand for my bike. Ones that just lift the tires and not the whole bike.
I have the "Venom" brand sport bike lift stands like you pictured. Amazon with Prime delivery was less than $90.
Works for what I need. Made in China I think or at least assume for that price. Not your $250-$400 high end versions
that are out there. Pretty universal, I use on different bikes, with dual swingarms. I have the paddle version for the rear
and the two prong thingy for the front.
HTH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts