Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Doing research on the deluxe:

1) What do you not like about your 1300 Deluxe?
2) In order to hear GPS instructions better and to answer/call hands free blue tooth phone, is there a connection for helmet speakers/mike?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2014 Deluxe owner here.

Only thing I can think of is the jerkiness while on 1st gear roll offs which require riding the clutch slightly in order to avoid. If you already have a 1300 you know what I mean. Same engine so same thing.

Other than that its a excellent bike. I spent a few minutes and cant think about anything bad about it.

For answering calls/hearing GPS better, etc you will need a helmet Bluetooth earpiece w/ mic. I wouldnt use a wired headset.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2014 Deluxe owner here.

Only thing I can think of is the jerkiness while on 1st gear roll offs which require riding the clutch slightly in order to avoid. If you already have a 1300 you know what I mean. Same engine so same thing.

Other than that its a excellent bike. I spent a few minutes and cant think about anything bad about it.

For answering calls/hearing GPS better, etc you will need a helmet Bluetooth earpiece w/ mic. I wouldnt use a wired headset.
Thanks for the response. I see--bluetooth to the GPS

·
Registered
417 Posts
Another 1300 Deluxe owner. It is a great motorcycle. The ride is relatively smooth. It has plenty of power but has potential to wake up with some typical mods (exhaust, intake, fuel management). It rides bigger than it is meaning you get a bigger bike ride from the 1300.

I've learned to handle the throttle so that the jerkiness mentioned above is not an issue. Drilling the stock air box helps with that problem some.

Like most motorcycles in its class the stock seat can be uncomfortable for extended rides, I added a gel pad and it makes a huge difference. Others add an aftermarket seat. Most typical add ons are available for the 1300 Deluxe.

I use a Sena SMH5 headset for accessing the GPS and hands free phone options with the GPS. My wife has a Sena headset too so we have intercom as well.

I've added engine guards, Air Chaps, passenger floorboards, a sissy bar/passenger backrest, and a 12 volt outlet in the left saddlebag. Will be adding an air horn next week because the stock horn is wimpy. Am looking for some second hand saddlebag guards.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another 1300 Deluxe owner. It is a great motorcycle. The ride is relatively smooth. It has plenty of power but has potential to wake up with some typical mods (exhaust, intake, fuel management). It rides bigger than it is meaning you get a bigger bike ride from the 1300.

I've learned to handle the throttle so that the jerkiness mentioned above is not an issue. Drilling the stock air box helps with that problem some.

Like most motorcycles in its class the stock seat can be uncomfortable for extended rides, I added a gel pad and it makes a huge difference. Others add an aftermarket seat. Most typical add ons are available for the 1300 Deluxe.

I use a Sena SMH5 headset for accessing the GPS and hands free phone options with the GPS. My wife has a Sena headset too so we have intercom as well.

I've added engine guards, Air Chaps, passenger floorboards, a sissy bar/passenger backrest, and a 12 volt outlet in the left saddlebag. Will be adding an air horn next week because the stock horn is wimpy. Am looking for some second hand saddlebag guards.
Good info! Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't have one but my buddy has a 2014. He doesn't use any Bluetooth device when getting a call. uses the speakers and the mic on the bike. as long as he is going 60 mph or less the caller doesn't even know hes on the bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have one but my buddy has a 2014. He doesn't use any Bluetooth device when getting a call. uses the speakers and the mic on the bike. as long as he is going 60 mph or less the caller doesn't even know hes on the bike.
Interesting! Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a 2013 dlx, first one my dealer got in. GPS guidance comes over the built-in speakers, or you can pair with with a bluetooth helmet, comm systems, whatever. Mine runs best on the 89 octane available here in upstate NY, YMMV. They did not provide a way to lock the GPS holder, or anything to fill it when you remove the GPS; it just leaves a gaping hole. I cut some foam to shape to keep water, bugs, etc out. Stock tires worked well, but only lasted me 7K miles. I replaced them with Dunlop American Elite and they work real well, and have 9K miles and are about half way worn. I replaced the seat (Corbin Dual Tour) almost immediately.

Let's see: I mentioned gas, tires, and seat. Pretty much the trifecta to start a lively discussion on a motorcycle forum. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I also thank you for the input. All responses have been very helpful.

I expected to get back some really smart a** replys like I have received some time ago. I then quit using this 4um.

Thanks again.:)

·
Registered
894 Posts
What do I not like? A couple of things, but not much.

The fairing needs to be slightly wider and fork deflectors are necessary to block air rushing up from underneath. I chose Memphis Shades fork deflectors.

The handlebars cause me to lean forward which puts me at an ergonomic disadvantage. There are plenty of solutions, I just haven't chosen one yet.

The front forks are the same ol' KYB dash pots that have been on bikes since the dawn of time. One of these days I'll stop complaining about it and install an emulator.

The seats are not all day comfortable but I suspect they improve a bit with the different position new bars offer.

Jacks O2 Mod handles the jerkiness OK, if you can find it. Jack only makes them once in a Blue Moon and that was last week.

I want a quiet performance exhaust properly tuned. I know that's not going to happen, but it doesn't mean I can't want it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts