Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from NE Ohio, Just picked up a new 250 Star for my daughter to learn to ride on. Looks to be a nice bike to learn on. One thing I noticed is that the reach to the brake and clutch lever seem to be pretty far. It is a reach for me and my daughters hands are much smaller than mine. Do they make a reduced reach lever for these bikes. I know this is not the best place to post this but I had to post something. Thanks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well first off welcome to the forum.. Hopefully you and your daughter have many enjoyable rides together. What kinda bike will you be riding next to her ? Please post a picture of the bike. This way the smart people can help you..

Go BUCKEYES..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture of bikes

Well I think I have a picture attached. (Not Sure) but here goes. Thanks for the welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like the picture worked, I have a Road king I ride mostly but I also have a 1981 Yamaha 550 Maximum that I bought the year I graduated form high school. Still runs pretty good! Looking forward to riding with my daughter and the wife on the back of my bike. Must say I am a bit nervous. With the right training she should be Ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Training is a must. She has ridden my 550 in the yard and has some dirt bike experience. Now it will be a whole new ball game on roads with other drivers. They do offer a training class where we bought it the she will be attending.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. Great looking bikes you guys have and what luck you have to have a child that wants to go riding with you. Your right, training is a must and she will benefit from it. As for the reach issue, not sure what to say. I don't know of any mod to reduce the reach only one to give you a bigger friction zone (clever). Post your question in the Vstar forum and hopefully someone will have a solution for you.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Administrator
13,270 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts