Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed more storage than my current Saddlemen sissy bar bag provided and found a trunk on E-Bay. Since the Yamaha Luggage rack requires the sissy bar to be in place I opted to come up with my own solution to mount it.

I utilized the Quick Release arms and (all pieces aluminum) 2 pieces of 3" x 1/8" flat stock , 3 pieces of 3/4" square stock and 1 piece of 1" round stock cut in half longways (inserted into quick release arms).

This is the result:

The wife likes that additional support the larger backrest area provides over the Yamaha Sissy bar backrest. Plus, it gives us quite a bit of capacity. The case will hold a L/XL full face helmet and a half helmet (or additional gear in lieu of second helmet.

For someone who hates luggage on a bike I sure do have a lot!! And, even though all my bags can be removed in less than 2 minutes, I rarely remove them as they are so darn useful.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Tweak,
I think I saw your mod on another forum, it came out very well, I like the way it came out
There is only one thing I would do different, and that would be to paint your luggage compartment rails, (the flat stock and round stock that you used) to a flat black.

Just my two cents!

Dennis

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice job!

So how is that trunk? I know it's not a high dollar trunk like one for an HD but for the money...

I am toying with the idea of getting one for my 650 Classic but I have read both good and bad points for these units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts