Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Yamaha has announced the pullback of the 'Star' brand back into the Yamaha lineup and discontinued the Star website, is this forum going to change the name too, or can we continue to be proud Star owners?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i wonder if the insignia will disappear also if they start putting "yamaha" on cruiser tanks it's gonna look ugly especially if it's block letters. the article says they were sold in europe under the yamaha name but as far as i can tell they still carried the star name just a slight variation as in "drag star" i think the stryker was a warrior in europe. sometimes when a name gets dropped the vehicles sold under that name become worth more. so it might be a good thing for those who already own one.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm sure in the US that they'll be called Yamaha V Star.....Road Star, etc..... no major changes here...... the rest of the world could care less because there never was a Star brand anyplace else.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Should have zero effect. This happened back in January. You still have the V Star Line.

STAR was created way back when to try and distance the cruiser line away from Yamaha, so that the American buyer would not see "Yamaha Japanese bike". This was to give the V-Twin cruiser line a better chance from anti Japanese bias against Japanese cruisers vs Harley's.

But it created confusion and most knew they were Yamaha anyway. Since Yamaha is a global respected Motorcycle company, the took the STAR branding away to maximize visibility with he Yamaha name.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts