Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 vstar 650 custom. For the last couple of years I have had no problems with this bike. I ride all year round so the bike does not sit for any more than a week (snow and negative temps will cause me to ask the wife for a ride). the moto started having problems in december. I would turn the key...all normal...press start...nothing...i would repeat this process off turning bike on and off...then it would start...soo bout month ago...went for ride,next morning went to go to work and the girl has not started since. let me tell you what has been checked since then... i have new battery, new starter vrely switch, alll fuses have been verified, kill switch has been checked, kick stand safty checked. Stater is functioning(jumped it) and the bike runs and purrs like a kitten...but will not start once she is turned off.could it be a disfunctioning 3EN-81950-00 that is problem? Ohh I have put a meter on wiring pertaining to starting... all seems to check out.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
So if you connect battery directly to starter it will start? Just want to clarify how you checked the starter.

What happens when you turn the key (lights, fuel pump etc....)?

What happens when you hit start button? Clicking, lights dim, any starter sounds?

Have you checked main frame ground and cleaned all wires when replacing battery?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the starter by jumping from my positive lead on battery and just touching the connection to my starter...and yes my girl starts up. connections to battery are clean. when i hit the start button I have no dip in lights and no....there is no turning of the engine. it is as if the kill switch has been applied...but this is not the case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts