Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today started out great. I'm off and my son needed some help at his house. I road over and helped him hang a new garage door. A few hours later we are done and jump on bike to head home. Hit the starter switch and starter turns but not the engine. Put the bike in gear and rocked forward. Tried again and same thing. So at 68k my starter clutch is bad. I searched on line and was coming up with about $400 for OEM. I've heard too many stories of aftermarket starter clutches the OEM is the only way I want to go. The closest dealer I go to is only a few miles from my son's house. So we jump in his truck so I can go in person to see what kind of a deal they can work with me. When we pulled up there is a guy just getting back from a test drive on a new Venture. He had ridden it several times and was about to close the deal. I told him about our forum so hopefully we will see him here soon. Now the discussion drifted toward what his current bike was. He pointed over to a 2006 Harley Electra Ultra. I asked him why he was getting a new one and he said he liked the looks of the Venture over the newer Harley. I will end this here only to say it might be a bit before my starter clutch is fixed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts