Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone found a good aftermarket starter clutch for the v1100? Tarazon for example?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,658 Posts
@SCOMAN20, I can understand you wanting to save money, but after market on a starter clutch is not the place. From personal experience changing 6 after market starter clutches on different bikes they all failed within a year. No, it wasn't an installation issue. I've also installed 5+ OEM and never had an issue. Make sure you get the new design to eliminate future issues. Here's a great link for info :

You also posted you issue in multiple old threads that have been inactive for years. Those posts were deleted and this one saved for responses. Good luck on getting your bike up and going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks
@SCOMAN20, I can understand you wanting to save money, but after market on a starter clutch is not the place. From personal experience changing 6 after market starter clutches on different bikes they all failed within a year. No, it wasn't an installation issue. I've also installed 5+ OEM and never had an issue. Make sure you get the new design to eliminate future issues. Here's a great link for info :

You also posted you issue in multiple old threads that have been inactive for years. Those posts were deleted and this one saved for responses. Good luck on getting your bike up and going.
Hey, thanks a lot for the info! Good to know!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong but didn't they upgrade the replacement clutches?

Don't ever use the throttle when starting only use the choke on the 1100 or you can ruin the starter clutch

·
6,658 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the Yamaha parts ordered. One quick question for you though... The oil pump drive chain seems quite loose.... is this how it should be? How loose is too loose? Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated!

·
6,658 Posts
There's no true specs that I'm aware of. From past experience, If the slack is 5/8 to 3/4 deflection you are good. Measure in middle between gears and even slack on both sides, hope that made sense. It's a short chain so it's not going anywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts