Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like the strange noise from my starter finally decided to show itself after two years. the starter clutch on my V-Star 1100 took a crap. looks like its gonna be an expensive repair, seems to be a weak link in the 1100 from what I've been told. Anyone else had this issue?:mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced it on my '03 Vstar 1100 a couple of years ago. Nothing you can't do yourself if you have the manual and a few tools, but it takes some time. There are quite a few write-ups on it, do a google search on "vstar 1100 starter clutch replacement".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine went out at about 12,000 miles or so. The dealer replaced it at just under $700 I believe. Very frustrating not to have a kick-starter to fall back on. It did show me how out of shape I was when I push started the beast.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it back today in enough time to enjoy some nice weather in Tennessee. New starter clutch & oil change & a little over 700.00 lighter in the hip pocket but it felt good to be back out there.:D:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bikers Service Center in Lexington, Tn did the work. They have certified Metric Techs & Harley Techs. They do a great job at resonable prices & are fairly quick. They have a swap meet a couple of times a year, Come check 'em out.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts