Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Yamaha 1100 vstar Classic. I pulled into my carport and pulled down the kickstand, Instead of shutting down: the engine shut off and the starter sounded like I had turned on the switch for the starter. When I pulled up the kickstand the engine engaged as if I had engaged the started button
. I then put the bike in neutral and turned off the key, again the engine quite, but the started sounded like I had engaged the starter switch. I put the bike in neutral and turned the key to engage the moter. To shut down I had to disconnect the battery. Can someone lead me to the correct direction to solve this problem. Thanks

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,632 Posts
Other thing is the starter switch, one on handlebar, might be shorting out. I've never had this issue and can only suggest what I would check first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the solenoid and all works great. I bought a $10.00 solenoid off of Ebay and discovered it was wired wrong. I then purchased another from the internet for $20.00, this was wired correctly. The replacement was an easy fix. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts