Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 V Star which was sitting around for a year or so. It wouldn't start so I cleaned out the carbs, changed the oil and fuel, fuel filter, and spark plugs. Once back together it still has starting issues. I have been able to get it to run only when I crank the throttle open and leave it open. I have attempted to adjust the idle all the way in but that does not solve the problem. Could the issue reside in the carbs somewhere? I have attempted to sync them but it stalls out regardless of where I screw the sync screw in or out. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For anyone listening out there, I made a rookie mistake and missed the starter jet, which this is a classic symptom of. Now it runs great!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm glad that you figured it out and let us know. I didn't have the slightest clue as to what your cause could have been, but now, if someone else runs into the same problem, I can suggest that they check the starter jet. Good looking out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts