Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is your trick to avoid steaming your helmet glass beside exhaling down by your mouth? Any outstanding product to take care of that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
my simple tricks are:
1) don't drink hot coffee or tea shortly before riding
2) don't ride with wet hair <grin> (I'm guilty for this)
3) crack the face shield open a little

the shaving clear trick is interesting

·
Registered
178 Posts
yeah, i have to crack my face shield to keep mine from fogging up.

if you are moving fast enough, some helmet vents will keep it clear,

but i basically have to raise mine BEFORE i get to a dead stop

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah, i have to crack my face shield to keep mine from fogging up.

if you are moving fast enough, some helmet vents will keep it clear,

but i basically have to raise mine BEFORE i get to a dead stop
During the day, I'll ride at street-traffic pace with the shield cracked just a bit. This will subdue the fogging while moving and stopped. However, I use a Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet and at freeway speeds, the vents do just fine to keep my shield from fogging. I've seen chemical sprays that say they keep your shield from fogging, but if it's as "good" as the factory spray that they say they put on the shield, I wouldn't use it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried the shaving cream 2 days ago, it seems to improve it, the fog went away faster but if i sat still too long i still had to crack the visor a bit

·
Registered
27 Posts
All Kleer put on both sides of the shield does a better job than shaving cream of turning a fog into larger droplets. It was first produced to clean plastic aircraft and boat wind shields.

Still have leave the visor cracked at a stop when the temp of the visor is below the dew point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi, theres lots of makers of breath guards a foggy respro springs to mind all the racers use them.its basiclly a breath deflection nose and mouth piece with a thin ally nose pinch you put it on then your hemet, position it then it sticks to the inside of your hemet nose guard, semi permanent fixing so you dont have to put it on every time it directs your breath out of the bottom of the hemet no more fogged visors about£10-£15 job done

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a product used on ski goggles etc called Cat Crap. Works excellent on my kids glasses under his goalie mask and I use this on my visor. There is a review of it on webbikeworld.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought "PJ1" fog blocker...a spray that seems to do the trick....at least pretty well.

Try googling "Cat Crap". I had some of that...it worked pretty well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts