Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are no doubt dealer employees and even Yamaha employees who periodically scan forums with an eye to "unofficial" feedback on their products. I believe we can keep this thread posted with serious recommendations and feedback resulting from our individual and collective experience with Yamaha products.

Whether or not it results in any product evolution may not be as important as letting members of the forum see what we regard as strong and weak points in our different models.

So:

I've owned my XV1900S for two years. I consider it overall the best bike I've ever owned. If I were to have the ear of Yamaha's design team, I would recommend the following changes:

1. Re-design the oil drain system for easier access. Failing that, provide oil "quick-drain" plugs that do not have to be removed during oil changes.
2. Upgrade the seat(s) to a level comparable with "Ultimate"
3. Provide an electronic cruise control
4. Provide a reverse gear similar to the design Honda Goldwings have had as standard equipment for the last decade +
5. Make available an optional touring trim package with a batwing fairing that incorporates a state of the art sound system and a navigation/emergency aid communicatons system equivalent to OnStar. With the touring option, include a luggage trunk.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I partially agree with #1. I would gladly give up a 1/2 inch or so of ground clearence and have the bolts point directly downward instead of tucked behind and pointing horizontally and directly at the bike's frame. Hell I would welcome removing a skid plate to get at the drain plugs if I had to.

I'm good with the stock seat.

I'd prolly hurt myself and others using a reverse.

I can take or leave number 5.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That all sounds good on the above comments.

Electronic cruise
Touring package like described above with a touring seat
Lowering package would be a nice option
Reverse gear would be a nice option for you old timers lol
Factory performance package would be a added bonus

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Bring back the 1100 with EFI would be very nice.
Seats; more comfort please.
An 1100 with a fairing that could sport a nice sound system; I don't need one but others may want one.

Rethink the policy of "deleting" bikes so one can skip from a 250 to a 650 to a 950 etc you get the jist I'm sure.

2.34 cents worth,

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'm with Corsair on the EFI & Fairing for the 1100

·
Registered
71 Posts
6th gear please in all the trannys ESP the strat.

·
Registered
441 Posts
+1 but to be clear, we want it above the 5th gear not below 1st gear :D
+2
I am still constantly flipping that shift lever at highway speeds in the hopes that one day my transmission will simply grow another gear above 5th. Maybe some sort of motorcycle mating ritual is in order to get that theory on the move.::(

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Ya It's been 3 or 4 weeks since my last ride so I wasn't thinking about the 6th gear.That would be another nice feature to add to the liners.

+3 on the fuel injected 1100.That would be a very nice upgrade.

How bout a air cooled 1300. We could call it a mini-liner.

·
Registered
570 Posts
6th gear would definitely be nice..that's really all I got. No need for a reverse or cruise control here, unless your talking for the touring models and whatnot

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Just thought of something else.How about a touring trunk option like the Ventures have. Hell if we are all just dreaming here what about a V-4 liner. What a ride that would be. Wahoo

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the stock options my 950T came with. The only thing is a two into two exhuast would be nice.

·
Registered
456 Posts
1100 oil filter located easier to change and a Sixth gear!EFI on the 1100 would be almost perfect!:)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hey BP03, I just noticed from your sig line that you have 5 foot extensions on your forward controls. DAMN! Is it okay for us to call you "Stretch"? :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the stock options my 950T came with. The only thing is a two into two exhuast would be nice.
The fairing, exhaust options and trunk would be good options. I would like to see some buckhorn handlebars as an option and a sixth gear on the 950 would be really great on the long hauls.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts