Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I had posted that I was having a Backfire issue with my 2000 V-STAR 1100 Classic.. I cleaned the carbs, new fuel filter, new battery, tune and sync the carbs.. Ran great for a day!! Got up the next morning, started the bike, warmed it up, took off down the road and it started to run rough and backfire - I adjust the carbs again and it ran great for a short trip around town and on the freeway... Now its back to running rough, backfiring, and dies when I put it into gear. Oh, and at back at the very beginning it all started with a Vapor Lock... Any ideas would be great.

And I did drain the oil and new plugs..

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,718 Posts
Still sounds like debris is getting into carbs. What does the inside of gas tank look like? Is the petcock screen clogged? Does fuel pump click a few times when you first turn key on. Can you post pictures of spark plugs, that will show us a lean or rich condition.

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
Registered
2008 v star 1300 & 2008 v star 250
279 Posts
I'd listen to lesblank before me , but a thought . Could your PMS screws be vibrating looser or tighter after setting the carb to run good ? Maybe half a drop of loctite ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts