• yep

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • nope

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
For all the negatives with living in Southern California, the weather is some consolation. Clear skies and about 72 degrees. I'm out riding now...just stopped for lunch. I truly feel for all who are locked down until spring...that sucks!

Registered
Really depends on the weather. Got 12+ inches of snow over the past weekend but was riding in the low 60s just a week or so ago.

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Commuting daily in Houston, Texas. It was 50 and raining on way home. Took two hours to get home, really suck, but on bike I can take HOV for free. Saved some time. :)

Registered
Houston

I remember those rainy days in Houston. From 1975,1987 I went thru 4 Honda's. 3-250 dual sports
and one 500 dual sport. I was in Galveston last summer and IF YOU RIDE in Houston on a
motorcycle now you have :surprise:big,big, & big kahuna .

Super Moderator
I rode briefly a week and a half ago, yet it's just been too cold and rainy. This time of year for us, it's either mildly warm and rainy, or very cold and clear. So my pms will linger for a couple of more months at least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Registered
With this warm weather, I have been able to ride at least 1 day a week. This week I will get 2 days in. I usually ride when the weather is above 35 deg and no moisture on the road (especially ice).

Registered
You betcfha. I'm still riding daily, but dagnabbit, I have to wear long sleeve shirts because it's so nippy in the mornings.:wink:

Registered

Registered
Rode to work which is a 33 mile trek one way each day this week so far.- as previously written, living in So Cal, we are spoiled with the weather provided to us. My sympathy to those in the Midwest and East Coast that are buried in the white stuff.

Registered
Yea, sometimes it sucks bein a north-east-ender as far as weather, but makes up for it with the rides and the views we get to see on them. I do wish we had a longer season. But the bad part is that I have to take the bike through the yard to get out the driveway anyway. Like a horseshoe turn to get out. So I guess I'll just wait for fair weather.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, sometimes it sucks bein a north-east-ender as far as weather, but makes up for it with the rides and the views we get to see on them.
what is joy without sorrow?
being off the bike just makes you appreciate being on it all that much more

Registered
I rode a couple of weeks ago from Bartlesville to Miami Oklahoma in 20F weather. 4 layers was not enough, I need to get some heated 12v gear if I'm going to do that. Usually when my breath freezes on the inside of my helmet I hang it up. Generally I ride 12 months a year, as long as there isn't ice I'm good to go. Today it was in the upper 50's perfect weather for me :)

Registered
Even better tomorrow. Its supposed to get windy, but Saturday I assume will be just as nice. You never know with this Oklahoma weather. The "blizzard" will be here by Wednesday.

Premium Member
Being in South Louisiana there will be a good riding day at least once a week in the winter. I do not commute but anytime it is above 40deg and not raining I will ride.

LoupGarou

1 - 20 of 27 Posts