Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All - my wife is loving her 1100 - have put about 6000KM on it (3600 miles) since buying it at the beginning of June.

However, it stinks. When we are riding with friends I typically tailgun the group and we've received no shortage of polite mentions about the smell of her exhaust. It seems mainly to happen during deceleration, but even at a consistent speed cruise there is a noticeable stink. I can smell it myself from 4 or 5 bikes behind her often.

The bike is pretty much bone stock engine wise aside from Vance and Hines slip ons - and not straight pipes, but tasteful sounding.

I'm presuming this is just a carb adjustment job necessary...running too rich? Is this a common 1100 thing? There's 2 other 1100's in the group we often ride with and neither seem to exhibit the same issue despite also being bone stock and having similar mileage on them.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I’d pull the plugs to see if it runs rich. My wife’s 650 had had that issue before I cleaned the jets and float chambers. After that smell was gone (carbs still need to be rebuilt though, I don’t like how it runs)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
2,472 Posts
Awe, pics of the midnight shoppers at Walmart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Googling "people of Walmart" is always good for a giggle or two. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Absolutely! When I worked midnights, I’d stop by a local Walmart to take a break and be totally entertained by the midnight shoppers. The weekends were the best!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,349 Posts
Absolutely! When I worked midnights, I’d stop by a local Walmart to take a break and be totally entertained by the midnight shoppers. The weekends were the best!

Isn't stalking against the law? 😇😈

1 - 8 of 8 Posts