Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i hunted and hunted for a stock 1100 custom seat. finally after finding it to replace my mustang two-peice, i absolutely hate it! it sits so much higher and puts me at such an uncomfortable angle on the bike. so after all that anticipation and searching and waiting, i'm going back to the mustang seat. may contact pcs for a potato chip seat. really going for the laid back comfortable ride, not the forward lean. may look at a true custom 1 off seat as well.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Another thought

CP,

Maybe a thought, if you ride with either one of those seats for a period of time you may just get used to the position and start to like it. Some of what we do is just toughen up a little. I didn't dislike my stock seat on my 1100 or my Liner. I bought a Mustang seat primiraly for the passenger.

Guess I should have added, posture is important, maybe think about risers or handlebars.

Just get out there and have fun.

Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got my PCS seat

Had it for a week. A bit firmer but way better than the stock POS.
I'm keeping it. You have the option to try it before you buy it. Anyone else doing that? I want one of their Monster Pro pipes!

Jim

·
Registered
208 Posts
1st a little history. In 09 I purchased a leftover 2008 Classic / Silverado. Momma was uncomfortable on the stock seat, she could only go about 30 min at best. And I was only able to last 90 min before butt burn set in. After talking to others we decided Mustang seats was the way to go. Momma loved it, but for me I just wasn't comfortable. The mustang moved me too far forward for my liking. After 1,000 miles I sold the mustang seats and went back to the stockers... For me its a lot more comfortable, but for momma, well she ain't real happy.... So after much research and discussion, I sent my seats to Mean City Cycles to have then do their magic to them.

I'm getting the Double Decker Memory Foam Modification for me, and the Comfort Rider Plus on the Passenger Seat. I requested the position of the driver stay the same , but down an inch in the rear to create a pocket. The Passenger seat mods include widening the seat 4 - 5 inches, and replacing just about all the foam. I requested that they make it a similar to the mustang pillion. The mustang pillion was 2 -3 inches thicker when compared to the stocker. I'd like the modified pillion to me similar to the mustang seat. I also requested the front be a little higher then the rear to help keep her from sliding forward.

The seats were sent out earlier this week as my scheduled appointment is for Oct 25th. Its killing me not to be able to ride, so I put the winter cover on the bike... I should have my seats back on Wednesday Oct 27th or Thursday the 28th. I'll give a full report when they arrive. The wait is killing me... :mad:

http://www.meancitycycles.com

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had my stock seat modified by Spencer from GreatDayToRide.com. Did a great job. I didn't get my pillion done and my wife began complaining. Took it off and now I don't hear her complaining anymore. Hahaha!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am returning to riding after racing in my early 20’s. Long story short my friend had 4 wheeler I sold for him to another friend. Told the buyer if you don’t like I will buy. Guess what, I owned it. Put on Craig’s list ended up with a swap for V Star 1100. Road for over 500 miles and bride said she liked enough to invest in new seats. Purchase from Ultimate Seats. We both love them. Can run a tank of gas out before we stop. Had to put rear passenger peg off sets on due to pegs too close to bags. The weather has been great for riding pushing 1500 miles in 4 weeks of owner ship. The low down in MS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mid summer I added an Ultimate Solo Seat to my '08 1100 Custom. it was the best thing i every did. Really comfortable and looks great too!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about the mustang seats.

·
Registered
68 Posts
so i hunted and hunted for a stock 1100 custom seat. finally after finding it to replace my mustang two-peice, i absolutely hate it! it sits so much higher and puts me at such an uncomfortable angle on the bike. so after all that anticipation and searching and waiting, i'm going back to the mustang seat. may contact pcs for a potato chip seat. really going for the laid back comfortable ride, not the forward lean. may look at a true custom 1 off seat as well.
I had a Mustang 2 pc seat on my 950T, kept it on for 3 rides, I hated it as well. Great construction but terrible seatng position I agree it pushes you to far forward I felt like I was on the gas tank. I was lucky my dealer took it back and gave me a full refund, he told me that they have a 60% return rate on them and they will not be carrying them anymore. I had memory foam installed on my stock seat at a local shop for $100.00 now it's perfect. I don't have a passenger so I don't care about the back part.

Denis

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think I'll try the ultimate seat if I can ever get up the money.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I put the sheep skin over beads, ok for 1 hour rides, a little rest, and get going again. a friend of mine rides long distance and uses the air hawk successfully. if want to spend some more money i plan to get mean city mods done, i have heard many good comments about them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I’ve now taken two rides on the newly modded seats. The 1st was cut short by my ridding buddy having a flat tire. The 2nd was a nice long cruise. Momma decided not to go as it was only 42 degrees (too cold for her)... I am happy to report, I'm very happy with the seat mods... I was a little concerned about having the seat lowered an inch. It feels odd until you're cruising... After giving it a chance, it allows you to just settle in and enjoy the ride. I rode for almost 90 min on twisty back roads, no but burn, no issues what so ever. I feel as though i could have gone through multiple tanks of fuel and would still be ready for more. The ride was a little better than the 1st, so its true it does need to break in, but it's much better than before.

If the day comes when I decide to upgrade bikes, I will send the seats off to be modded by Mean City Cycles. They were great to work with, and answered all my questions and concerns. I highly recomend sending your seats to MCC to let them do their magic ....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Has anyone tried the gel inserts? They look pretty in-expensive and I think I have the equipment around to insert it and fasten the cover back down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts