Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Chris here! Soo..my friend finally persuaded me into buying a cruiser to ride with him. He's been riding a Honda VTX1300R and I've watched him transform his bike from an average looking bike to a gorgeous Cruiser that I can't stop eyeballing! Finally, yesterday we started officially looking, went to the local yamaha store, was debating on a 250..until I sat on it and saw the rest of the beauties laying aroud. I've ridden crotch rockets for some time, but I'm past that and looking to enjoy and cruise.

After leaving the Yamaha store, we found an ad in Lockport, IL with a 2000 V-Star 650 with 7000 miles! Went to go take a look and what a beauty. New tires, had a few mods already floorboards, windshield, saddlebags, nothing crazy but a few nice touches. SOLD!

I'm definitely excited and we started the modding process last night. First thing was removal of the sissy bars. Ordered the Lanzar 700W system to enjoy some music while I ride, LED Contours Motorcycle License Plate Holder from chromeglow.com & finally the Spike Air Intake.

Next up, I'm thinking about removing the windshield, removing the rear tail light cluster and compacting it, making it looks cleaner and less bulky, switching the handle bars to Nostalgic Handle Bars, getting a new seat for one person and setting up that Vance & Hines Short Shot exhaust, heard a youtube clip WOWOWOW!!

Soooo...What do you guys think? All opinions welcome!

Here are my Pics http://s1090.beta.photobucket.com/user/chrisczupta/library/Yamaha VStar 650 Project Bike?page=1

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
welcome to the forums Chris! that is a nice ride... and it sounds like the mod bug has bitten hard already. lol i listened to the youtube videos of the shortshots too... and eventually purchased them. i can tell you, they sound even better in person. :)

make sure to post pics as you go along with the mods.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
CCitis is closely related to going MAD (motorcycle aquisition disease). It strikes suddenly, one day you are polishing that 650 and so pleased with it, and a mere year later a Roadstar is following you home. It happens. But hey, you got a GREAT deal I think, and you will get your money back :) Welcome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! I've since then purchased a few more mods, nothing serious. I'm already envisioning in my head how sweet this bike is going to look when I'm done with it. I've been a member of many car forums BMW/Audi and I'm no newbie to the mod world, just a newbie(for now) in the bike world! I'm catchin up fast tho!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts