Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say hello and let us welcome you if you are new here! Tell us a little about yourself too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this site on the R6 forum. Just got an '08 V-Star 250 for my wife to learn how to ride (I ride an R6), but I'm liking this little V-Star a lot, too! My first bike was a Virago 535 and I really liked it, so when she expressed an interest in riding I steered her to the Virago/V-Star line. She's diggin' it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
new v star silverado 1100

I am the very proud owner of the 2008 V Star silverado 1100, I have some questions from you pros. What fuel milage can I expect to get after the machine is broke up. Secondly is there anyway to increase the milage. Lastly, Where can I purchase, hats, jackets, coats, or protective equipment baring the V Star logo
Martin (firewalker7000)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

Hello all, Martin, here from Eastern Nevada, I reciently purchased an 2008 v star 1100 Silverado, I do believe I am love, it is a great bike, certainy the best I have every own. I am 60 years old and retired from 30 years in law enfocement, I am married and have eight kids. all but two girls or out of the home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Newbie-unie

Hi all. I've wanted to own and ride a motorcycle since I was 14.
So, I've finally got my endorcement and did a great deal of research
into training motorcycles.

I ordered a V Star 250 09 model just yesterday.
It's also the same bike I trained on with the MSF course.

I've already posted a series of questions down in V-star.
Hope some elmer reads it and offers comment helpful.

thanks for the group,

Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner

Hello all,

Just bought my first bike, V-Star 1100 Custom, couldnt more excited. Looking forward to learning from other owners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all!

A bit about myself.

I've been riding something with two wheels and an engine since way back in the dark ages when gas was .25 cents a gallon. About '68 or '69. Some sort of minibike with a 5 (or was it 3?) HP Briggs&Stratton engine. Then I bought a used Honda SL70. It had been stripped down for racing although I never did. During most of my teens I didn't ride. The 'fumes got to me. You know, gas fumes (cars) and perfumes. ;) Did pick up a used '76 Honda XT350 after high school and road that thing into the dirt. Then bought a used '76 Yamaha DT something (Enduro 250) and road that until 1986.

In Feb. '86 I bought my first street bike. I went to the Yamaha shop and ordered an '85 RZ350. Still have the bike although it's showing it's age now.

May 30th this year I went with a buddy who was bike shopping. Heck, I wasn't even planning on buying a bike, let alone really looking for one and walked out of the shop with a brand new (one mile on the odometer :eek:) Star Raider!

I've put just over 5300 miles on it this summer! :D

BTW, my buddy walked out with a V-Star 1100 in BlackCherry red with the silver ghost flames that day. That cute little sales gal had a really good day that day. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to Hello

I just bought a 2008 Roadstar Silverado 1700cc on 9-27-08. So far I am well pleased with the new bike.
I am a disabled union painter and teach at the local jr. college parttime and ride every chance I get. This is my fifth bike going back to 1964 when my first was a Yamaha Catalina 250cc 2-cycle.
It was a good bike but had people run me off the road with it. I am glad I found this website for Star.

Stay Safe,
Richard Collins

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm new to star ..old to bikes running a 07sabre ..08 raider ..waiting for Feb for my VMAX.. I live in New England....still great to have a delivery date even in FEB...ride hard ...stay safe...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Atlanta GA.
New in the forum and new to the world of motorcycles.
After growing up with my parents saying "bikes? Never ..."
Became the wife of a lover of motorcycles and then move to "I want my own" So my husband gave me a 2009 V-star 250 a week ago ... I love my bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome aboard to the star family. I am Richard Collins of Granite City,Ill. I ride a 2008 Road Star Silverado 1700cc. I bought it 9-27-08. It is a graet bike and runs like a top!
I hope all your rides are save and may God Bless you and your husband and keep you save. Always remember to watch the other drivers for that is where the danger is.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, My name is Adam from SW Florida (Ft Myers area). Just started riding, passed the MSF course in Dec. and finally got a bike 03 Vstar 650 Classic. Needed a little work to get going. mainly just riding around the neighborhhod until I get used to it. 49 years old, feels great to get out there on 2 wheels....There a whole world out there...!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i own and love my 2006 stratoliner midnight. gonna put on hard krome pipes this week.
i put a link to a web site that has various yamaha shop manuals for free downloads take advantage of it while it lasts.......good riding to all.....gc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm new to this site but not to riding. I currently ride a 99' 650 classic. LOVE it ,low maint.,simple to fix when rarely needed. Enough power and great looking. Doubt I'll ever own a harley again.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts