Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed, well a bit about me, my name is Mike and i have a 2006 1100 custom with a few extras, posted some pics in the gallery, if ya like to have a look!!!:D i live south east of Pittsburgh area of Pennsylvania near the Maryland and West Virginia boarders. Custom painted my bike last year and looking to add to it....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well welcome to the forum. Glad you found this place. It has some wonderful people and some good info. Post a picture of your bike in this thread before the picture police come in here to fine you:D

On a side Note I really Like to whitewater Kayak in PA. You have some great rivers and great paddlers pubs as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.....

On a side Note I really Like to whitewater Kayak in PA. You have some great rivers and great paddlers pubs as well.

i use to be a river guide in ohiopyle area back in the day...best summertime job i ever had.... bike pic will be up in a few....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok bike pics......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well welcome to the forum. Glad you found this place. It has some wonderful people and some good info. Post a picture of your bike in this thread before the picture police come in here to fine you:D

Now the picture police arent stalking me at least......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forums Mike.Good looking bike.
Thanks Dave...

was just in the gallery looking for some paint ideas....was thinking lime green flame with black tips and purple outline....Dont know yet tho...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey Mike,

That's a great ride you have. So what else is on your list of parts to order ? What mods have you done ?

The lower youghiogeny love it. The first time I did it cucumber ate me up broke a collar bone on a rock ( who would put those in the middle of a river geesh) . The first big fall I went over was the ohiopyle falls. I paddle a few times a year out there..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from another Pa. native (Youngwood), although it's been a veeery long time since I lived there- almost 50 years. Nice lookin' bike ya gots there. Go Stillers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Mike,

That's a great ride you have. So what else is on your list of parts to order ? What mods have you done ?

The lower youghiogeny love it. The first time I did it cucumber ate me up broke a collar bone on a rock ( who would put those in the middle of a river geesh) . The first big fall I went over was the ohiopyle falls. I paddle a few times a year out there..
the mod list is long....she wasnt much of a bike if thats what you could call it when i first got it....she started out as a plain 2006 Yamaha 1100 custom in black and had 20,000 miles on it and barely ran, the previous owner i guess didnt know much about bikes started the mods with vance and hines short shot pipes with the hyper charger and didnt jet the carbs, would barely idle right...so he sold to me for $1000 and thats when her rebirth began...started with pulling it apart....took the tins off pulled motor and trans...new flat black paint to the frame and added the bright lemon yellow with a mother of pearl coat...liked the classic look better so i added the classic fenders, cleaned the motor and trans up and jetted the carbs and put it back together and added the dub drag pipes with 45 degree cut offs...it sounded like a completely new and different bike at that point...added the sliverado saddle bags and windshield, studded seat and backrest, passenger floor boards, chrome battery, flaming skull tool kit cover, chrome neck cover, lizard lighting kit, driving light kit, new handle grips....its been 2 years in the rebuild process but its been fun looking for just the right parts...like a treasure hunt...and as for mods to come...would like to finish getting the chrome for the frame, new mirrors, just the right rear rack, looking for the long 1 that goes out over the rear fender and has the supports that go down to the tail light...still in the hunt for it...looking to add something to the paint job...some flames or tribal or classic pin stripping....something to give it that extra wow factor...but all in all she is almost where i want it....:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum, from another Pa. native (Youngwood), although it's been a veeery long time since I lived there- almost 50 years. Nice lookin' bike ya gots there. Go Stillers!
i know where youngwood is, there is a motorcycle junkyard there, that is where i found the classic fenders for the bike, the front fender was in rough shape when i got it but a little tlc and new paint made it look awsome....

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
She's a sweet looking ride. Lime green flames huh? And they say us chicks are all about the bling :-D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
was lookin for parts and found these badboys....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Those are good looking. Im more into skull/zombies and I have been looking into ordering mirrors with the skulls or the Black ones with the skeleton hand holding mirror..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts